MyBB Hacks Moderator Contest?
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
MyBB Hacks Moderator Contest?
Was trying to think of to encourage people to learn, engage and participate in developing MyBB plugins and I came up with the following.
Just posting to see if anyone here would be interested in such a thing.

I'd come up with a plugin which either doesn't exist or existing solutions could use some serious improvement on (I'll try to make sure it isn't too difficult) and various people would submit their plugin to do the task.
Contestants will be judged through voting (admins may be given priority) and the winner will win a moderator position here at MyBB Hacks, with some honorary title!
This position doesn't have any strings attached, that is, you retain it forever and we don't expect you to actually do anything (but of course, we reserve the right to remove you if you start trashing the entire forums).

That's the basic gist of it.
So, anyone interested?

Also, all suggestions and criticisms welcome Smile

My Blog
09-11-2010 01:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leefish Offline
Hamster
RE: MyBB Hacks Moderator Contest?
Sounds like a great idea - learning by doing. I would like to try.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
09-12-2010 12:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RateU Offline
Administrator
(09-11-2010 01:50 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  I'd come up with a plugin which either doesn't exist or existing solutions could use some serious improvement on (I'll try to make sure it isn't too difficult) and various people would submit their plugin to do the task.

I can't understand Biggrin Could you explain it more, Yumi?

09-12-2010 08:00 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(09-12-2010 08:00 AM)RateU Wrote:  
(09-11-2010 01:50 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  I'd come up with a plugin which either doesn't exist or existing solutions could use some serious improvement on (I'll try to make sure it isn't too difficult) and various people would submit their plugin to do the task.

I can't understand Biggrin Could you explain it more, Yumi?
Let's suppose we/I pick an AJAX shoutbox plugin (which wouldn't be done, since there's some established plugins for that already).  Contestants would then each make one and people would judge which one to be the best.

Oh, I forgot, I may also pick something where only a paid solution exists as well.
Waiting to see how much interest I drum up here (not expecting too much though).

Thanks for the feedback so far.

My Blog
09-12-2010 08:58 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
May I suggest we have a go at something like an Awards plugin? Or maybe something that integrates with Xthreads. That would be neat.

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
09-12-2010 09:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RateU Offline
Administrator
@Yumi: Ah, OK. I can understand it, Yumi.

09-13-2010 07:25 AM
Imran Offline
Yumi, what I understand is.. we create a Plugin, that may exist or may not (a fresh coding) and post it on mybbhacks.zingaburga.com and let admin/users to vote on it..?

Is what this contest means Yumi ?? If yes, I would really go to post some of my unique stuffs Wink

One question: Is MyCode / Themes included in this contest ?

[Image: logo.png]

[Image: twitter.png]
09-15-2010 01:08 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
The way I am reading this is that Zinga will suggest a plug in that could be made. Then we all make a version of that plugin. Then there are votes for best execution of the plug in. Maybe things like efficiency of plugin, integration to ACP, ease of use, etc.

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2010 03:15 AM by leefish.)
09-15-2010 03:15 AM
Imran Offline
(09-15-2010 03:15 AM)leefish Wrote:  The way I am reading this is that Zinga will suggest a plug in that could be made. Then we all make a version of that plugin. Then there are votes for best execution of the plug in. Maybe things like efficiency of plugin, integration to ACP, ease of use, etc.

Thanks for clarification. But lets wait Zinga, what he actually means.

[Image: logo.png]

[Image: twitter.png]
09-15-2010 05:20 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
I believe leefish got the idea.  No, MyCodes / themes aren't included in this.

An awards plugin is probably too complicated for this, though I'm willing to take suggestions.
Either case, as I somewhat expected, there's not a lot of interest in this.  Maybe someone try posting on the MyBB community forums?  I dunno - was just throwing something up to see if it would work.

My Blog
09-15-2010 09:00 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools